Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Sunday 1 January 2006

the road ahead


I am a terrible goal setter, but I am a fabulous list maker.
So this time of year always has me torn.

The idea of listing things to achieve/give up etc. in the year ahead makes my pen holding finger itch with anticipation. But if I don't lose those 5 kilos, or write the great Australian novel, win a million in the lotto, and call my parents more often, does that mean I am a failure? Can I really squeeze my hopes for the new year into such neat compartments?

I think that hoping for peace, hope and happiness is a great list. A true list. A real list that I hope to contribute to by writing books that make people smile, by smiling every day myself, and by being the best cheerleader I can be to my friends and family all year around.


And even though I am not so silly as to think that by December 31st this year the whole world will be a bright and cheery place, I can do my bit. Right?

Here's to a happy, healthy 2006 for you all.

Ally