Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Monday 17 April 2006

hot pies


Today my team, the Collingwood Magpies, won again. That's twice in a row. Now that may not seem like all that much, but I take my pleasure where I can!

I am so very excited to let you know that I was asked to be this week's Fan in the Outer, which meant that I had to write an article chronicling my day watching the Collingwood Magpies thrash the Kangaroos by 77 points. Yes, 77 points. And all I can say is thank god we won! I was in a mild state of panic this morning wondering how I could spin an article if we had not won. But thankfully that never eventuated so I am a happy girl!

To check out a day in the life of this footy fan, go to the Collingwood website.

For those of you wishing to know why I love the Collingwood Football Club, here are a few visual inducements which may sway you my way...


Brodie Holland

Brodie was a contestant on last year's Dancing With the Stars. He is a dapper dresser, a flashy player and a female-fan favourite for obvious reasons.

This is a piccie (the one on the right, not on the left unfortunately!) I took at this weekend's Collingwood vs North Melbourne clash - did I mention we won by 77 points?

Needless to say we had tickets fairly close to the action ;)


Chris Tarrant

Best arms in the business. And by arms, I mean muscles.

Sure he can catch a ball better than most, look at the piccie on the right! In fact he topped the competition's marking stats - marking is when they catch the ball and don't drop it while a half dozen gorillas are clawing at them - a couple of years back.

But seriously, look at those muscles!!!


Alan Didak

Superstar. Cute as a button and an absoloute superstar.

This guy is one of the smaller guys in the comp, and look how high he can jump! That takes guts, skill and a fair sprinkle of handsomeness to jump this high.

Not convinced? Well, you go ahead and try it!


Ryan Lonie

I've always thought of him as a little JFK.

Little, because he's so young, almost ten yers younger than me which is depressing enough that anyone able to get their license and hold down a job is that much younger than me, and JFK for those curls, those broad shoulders, that jaw, and that fabulous Irish skin.

This kid can kick a ball longer and straighter than any human ought to be allowed. Pure natural talent.

Sigh...


Nathan Buckley

El Captain. No. 5. Bucks.

Buckley is the ultimate warrior. A gladiator. A tough, no holds barred genius of the game. A Rising Star winner at the beginning of his career. A Brownlow Medallist mid-career. Bucks can kick a goal from 50 metres and can lift a crowd of 100,000 to its feet simply by being on the field.

Now, don't get me wrong. I am a serious football fanatic. I spend a good wad of money on my yearly membership so I can go to the gamnes, yell at the umpires, wear my lucky underwear, sing loud and proud the Magpies theme song when we win, and commiserate with tens of thousands of my new best friends when we don't.

The above pictures are purely for you... :)