Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Saturday 27 May 2006

its win win!

My footy team won again last night. And I couldn't be there! That shows how dedicated I am to this writing career of mine, that one of the highly anticpiated games of the season was fought out just down the road, and I remained strapped to my computer, writing, editing, polishing, swearing, and okay, I admit it, I was also watching the game on my laptop at the same time.

Sigh... This is turning out to be the best footy year. Have I mentioned the Collingwood Magpies are the best team in the whole world? And next week we play our arch nemesis, the Brisbane Lions. They beat us in two Grand Finals in a row earlier this decade, and we're not going to take it anymore!

For those of you bored silly, here's a picture of one of our super goal kickers Chris Tarrant from when he was nominated as one of Cleo's Bachelor's of the Year. Obviously very talented, don't you think?

And to add to the excitement, Collingwood have asked to to write a mid season review for their website! It's the biggest sporting website in Australia with hundreds of thousands of individual hits per month. So come mid-June, when this lovely wonderful easy as pie (note the sarcasm) book of mine is off and away, I will be happily writing about something else I love as much as I love writing romance.

My beloved footy. Life's good!