Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Monday 22 May 2006

up where we belong

Saturday night, my team - the Collingwood Magpies, for those of you who have not had that fact rammed down your throats over the past few weeks - won.

Okay, so the word "won" is an understatement. They beat Geelong by 102 points. They thrashed them. they looked like they were playing a practice match against the local under 14s. A very scared nervous bunch of under 14s. While we, the brilliant, fabulous, glorious Collingwood Magpies looked like the best team in the history of the world.

Now, despite my team playing brilliantly, I am not. I am involved in a tipping competition and out of 130 tipsters, I am coming...wait for it... drumroll please... 130th!

I think that deserves an extra prize. I don't think anyone could tip that badly if they tried! And that's including tipping for my team every week. Imagine how badly I'd be doing if my team weren't winning. Jeez!