Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Saturday 2 September 2006

my lucky stars!

What a day yesterday!

First spring hit Melbourne warm and mild. Cherry blossoms are taking over in our backyard, reminding me of our trip to Washington DC a few years back. Cool, pale and lovely.

Next I spent a lovely morning chatting to my good friends
Nicola Marsh, Trish Wylie and Natasha Oakley as we watched the mega-launch of our new blog, The Pink Heart Society bloom into life. There is so much love and warmth and excitement you can feel it leaping off the screen. If you haven't yet been, go now! It is a warm and fuzzy haven for lovers of series romance novels. And it is going to be so much fun!

In the afternoon I checked my bank account to find I had been paid! (Okay so maybe that one I could have kept private, but it's always such a nice feeling when one's advance appeares and really it did truly add to the wonderfulness of yesterday, so there it is!)

And then, to top it all off last night I found out that I had sold my first ever Modern Extra! This comes right on top of my recent workshop about writing sexy and sweet so it seems my confernece notes worked well for me. Have a read to see if they sort out some things for you too!

If any of you have been following the progress of 'Alpha' then you know that it was one of those wonderful books that just flew from my fingertips. Half of it wrote itself in one week and the rest I enjoyed pottering on in between writing another book, attending the Romance Writers of Australia conference and while off my head with the flu.

It was a total pleasure to write. I adored the set-up, felt so much for Abbey the heroine and as to Flynn our hero? Humona humona... Hmm, not sure if I can create the same ambience ever again though without hanging around a lot of sneezing people!

Soooo, my first ModEx will hit the UK shelves in April next year at which time I will likely panic that anybody is reading such a sexy book of mine!