Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Thursday 21 September 2006

the six year twitch

Yesterday was my sixth wedding anniversary!

I can't believe it was one hot September night six years ago that we married in Las Vegas. I can still remember the breakfast I had (champagne and a chicken salad from the Luxor), painting my sister Suze's toenails, walking out into the hotel hall and seeing my hubby coming out of his room so I had to duck back inside at light speed!

Hubby and I went out for dinner to celebrate. We originally had plans to try somwehere local but when he walked in the door after work and said "Let's go to St Kilda" I was all for it!

At 9 on a Wednesday night the place was still buzzing. All the strip shops were open, bookstores, hairdressers, funky boutiques and yes, the French pastry shops! Nicola Marsh blogged about St Kilda recently on the Pink Heart Society so check on over to see some glorious photos of this fab spot.

One of our favourite places in the whole world is a restaurant/bar called Greasy Joes. Think wooden floors, a huge shiny wooden bar, red leather booths, and large ceiling fans pushing hot air about the room. In summer it is a haven from the heat. A place for tourists in tank tops and shorts, or sarongs over their togs, or fancy St Kilda locals in their boho best to come and have a Corona with lemon and a bowl of chips.

And the name of the place doesn't disapppoint. It's not the kind of place where you want to order a salad!!! I got my usual burger with the lot and my hubby had beer-battered fries. Delicious!!!

So next up for us comes the seven year itch. *Insert eerie music here ;)*. Or as my hubby so delightfully says each and every year without fail, "We've had a good run. Maybe it's time to call it quits." Charming right? No wonder I write romance novels!!!