Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Tuesday 14 November 2006

how things change

When you first write a book, you have all the time in the world. Whether its a month of Nanowrimo, or a year of liesurely writing on weekends or every third Tuesday or when the muse taps on your shoulder.

When you sell a book, everything changes.

My current WIP, a Modern Extra Sensual currently entitled THE SWEETEST THING, had a two month window in which to write it. So far during that month I've had to do proof edits - where you get to see the final printout of the book and make last minute changes - for two seperate books, and have just received revisions on a third. I have created and loaded two websites have worked 20 hour weeks in my other job, have lunched, and dinner'd with friends, have blogged here and on the Pink Heart Society on an almost daily basis and have written 2/3 of my deadline novel.

Actually, I don't think I'll ever list things in that manner again. Before hand I was feeling pretty perky, now I'm in need of a long lie down. And I will have one for sure once these revisions are done, and I've written another 5000 words and I've fed the chicken and the dog and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

Labels: