Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Saturday 25 November 2006

voting and crazy drivers

Forgot to say, on the way to Sorrento we saw a guy driving a convertible sportscar while eating his lunch. And no, it wasn't a sandwich he could eat one handed and throw into his lap every few seconds. We've all done that.

This guy had crockery. And silverware. In his left hand he held a white bowl, in his right hand a fork. Seems those who can afford to drive sportscars don't know about things like takeaway and saran wrap.

I didn't get a good look at what was in the bowl, I was too busy gasping as we drove on by.

Anyhoo, I voted today. State elections in Victoria. I, for one, love to vote. I love turning up at the polling booths and checking out those tooting for the parties. I love saying no to all those trying to have out 'how to vote' flyers, I think the damn things should be illegal. The amount of wasted paper at the end of the day makes me shiver. I love seeing my name on the register roll. I love hiding in my booth and marking the box with my pencil.

None of it is quite so glamourous as The West Wing, or the Kennedys, or all the things I love about the romance of politics, but it means I am a part of a greater whole.

And my guy won our seat for the first time since I was old enough to vote. Gotta be happy with that!