Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Friday 13 April 2007

word count war

With ~ 10,400 words so far I'm losing the word count war against Jenna and am only a breath ahead of Trish, but I'm having a darned good time doing it! My characters are playing well, they are gorgeous and loveable and challenging, and dressed so beautifully I just want to be them ;). La di dah!

This book is also turning out to be set in autumn, which is my absolute very favourite time of year. I could tell you why, but I'll save that for my upcoming appearance on the lovely Tessa Radley's blog to coincide with the release of her first Desire! Watch this space for more...

Here are some more details to get you in the mood for Monica and Damien's tale. To the left we have Monica's apartment building. Tucked neatly into the side of Flinders Lane in the middle of Melbourne. Bustling cafes, cobblestone paths, music and noise below with elegance and privacy above. I want to live there!

To the right we have Damien's best friend Caleb. Nice huh? If you thought Damien looked dangerous this guy is even cheekier! Such bad news in his eyes...

And to keep Trish happy, I have found a song. Rewatching Much Ado About Nothing yesterday I was was gobsmacked to find the poem and song which are layered throughout the film could have been taken from my heroine's mouth. Beautiful beautiful stuff from the pen of my friend Will Shakespeare:

Sigh no more, ladies, sigh nor more;
Men were deceivers ever;
One foot in sea and one on shore,
To one thing constant never;
Then sigh not so,
But let them go,
And be you blithe and bonny;
Converting all your sounds of woe
Into. Hey nonny, nonny.

Labels: