Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Sunday 13 May 2007

happy mothers' day!

It's Sunday. I usually work on Sundays. But today am at home sick. Head cold. Sore throat. Stuffy nose. And feeling generally miserable. Boxes of aloe vera Kleenex litter every vertical surface in the house. All I want to eat are mandarins and we've run out.

Yesterday I felt much the same and had to stay at home and mope while my footy team, the Collingwood Magpies, played, and beat, their longtime rivals the Carlton Blues in a thriller at the MCG. It was tight. It was hard. The crowd was obnoxious. There was actual full on biffo on the field...or so I'm told. sigh... This was the first time in years I had the chance to go to a Carlton game. Somehow I am always working, or away. But no, the gods conspired to knock me down with aches and pains. Needless to say sitting at home and having to listen on the radio only added to my general air of misery. :(

But I did pull myself together to make honey on toast, and sit out in the sunshine for a half hour this morning while I called my gorgeous Mum to wish her a HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY! The chooks joined in clucking at my feet, and Squiffy the dog sat out beneath the clothesline basking too. 'Twas awfully nice for a while there.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY MUM!!! (Here are some yellow roses for you!) And to my mother in law Christine!!! And to my sister in law Maria. And to Nic with her gorgeous brand new baby boy. And to all the other mums out there I know and love. Hope you all have been spoilt, or at least had five minutes to yourself for a cuppa and a sit out in the sunshine yourselves.

Labels: