Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Friday 25 May 2007

meet tom

Okay, so a couple of weeks back, I introduced you all to my Maggie, the heroine of my very soonly upcoming Harlequin Romance, BILLIONAIRE ON HER DOORSTEP. You can read all about her here...

Tom is the hero of. Of course we don't know he's a billionaire until sometime later in the book, so just ignore that title as you read ;).

I love Tom. There I admit it. I am utterly head over heels with the guy. From the moment he gets out of his battered Ute at the beginning of the book, to the very last page, I found his journey an absolute pleasure to be a part of.
He is smart, loquacious, funny, generous, kind and has a serious knight in shining armour complex. And he's knee-weakeningly gorgeous. A handyman by trade, with an outdoor tan, and work-hardened muscles. Doesn't that just sound like heaven?

I casting my Tom, I had some fun and games getting the lovely Trish Wylie to allow me to use 'her' Nathan Fillion. We had some quite heated moments on our blogs some time back, I can tell ya. Friendship stretched to its limits ;). But she sent me this picture so she can only blame herself!!! And she did. In the end she let me use several of his bits and we were fine.

Here's a little taste test to give you Maggie's first impressions of my Tom...


When she’d found Tom Campbell’s name in the phone book she’d half expected some wizened, semi-retired jack-of-all-trades working to earn extra bingo money. She’d fully expected wizened old Tom Campbell to take one look at her brambles, run a sorry arm across his wrinkled forehead, and claim the way through an impossibility.

She’d been prepared for that eventuality, ready for it to be the last in a long line of signs that her experimental life at the beach had come to an end. The other clear signs being no money left in the bank, no brilliance happening on the canvas, and not even the slightest sense that she would ever fit in, no matter how hard she wished she could.

What she hadn’t been prepared for was Tom Campbell himself. He’d surprised the heck out of her by actually being there when he said he would, and also by being the complete opposite of wizened. He was in his mid-thirties with dark hair in need of a cut. He was broad, strapping, in shockingly good health. And had the kind of smile built to warm the coldest heart. Then he’d further compounded her surprise by taking one look at her impossible brambles and saying, ‘Can do’.

The sight of that thirty metre wide wall of thorns should have sent him running in terror. The guy must have needed a pay cheque worse than she did.


BILLIONAIRE ON HER DOORSTEP is available now at Harlequin online, or any day now it will hit bookshelves in the UK June 1st and North America come mid-June.

Labels: