Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Friday 28 September 2007

i'm speechless!

But that doesn't mean I can't write up a storm ;). 'Cause I've had some lovely news that my October Harlequin Romance, MILLIONAIRE TO THE RESCUE - which hits bookshelves in North America and the UK in three short days - has has some fantastic reviews!!!

Firstly, the respected
Romantic Times BOOKclub have given me my first ever four and a half star review. They said: "Ally Blake's Millionaire to the Rescue (4.5) has a solid plot with a built-in conflict and features two well-handled characters with a lot of chemistry."

And then
CataRomance went and blessed me with a 5 star review!!! Amongst other gorgeous things they said: "Millionaire to the Rescue is a beautifully written story of an unrequited love finally coming true after so many years. I enjoyed all of the characters in this book, they were so larger than life that it was like I knew them all personally. Danny and Brooke were the quintessential star crossed lovers... Overall my experience with this book had me laughing, crying and enjoying each and every second of it."

This was especially special as this was a hell of a book to write. My first ever done with the help of a collage. Struggling with the single mother heroine's tricky backstory. And having to completely change the hero mid-book as he was just being far too difficult. But when I read the proof edits it made me cry. And by the looks of it, it touched the lovely RT and Cata reviewers as well, which is such a pleasure. La di dah!!!

On a side note this is the book I dedicated to my Collingwood Magpies who missed out on playing in this weekend's footy Grand Final by a measly 6 points. Love you still boys!!!

Harlequin Romance, Mills and Boon Romance October 2007
Sweet Romance Aus/NZ December 07
Available now online!!! @ eHarlequin NA & @ Mills and Boon UK
Read an excerpt here!

Labels: , , ,