Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Wednesday 19 March 2008

cooking a book :: add one heroine...

Meet Wynnie.
My friend Emily has a little girl called Wynnie and I think it the cutest name. The Wonder Years used to be one of my favourite shows as well. Wynnie for me is short for Gwendolyn. And I learnt sooo much about her in particular from my collage.

I found out what she did for a living, her habits, her home, her family situation and her conflict, all from a bunch of random piccies I cut out of magazines that felt right when I stuck them next to one another on a scrap of paper.

I usually know very little about my heroines as I dive into the story as I find it most fun to discover things the same way the reader would. As they occur. Wynnie and I have a long way to go yet...

Labels: , ,