Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Tuesday 20 January 2009

37 degrees

And no, I'm not talking about 37 degrees of seperation from Kevin Bacon, which is a much more fun way to spend your time than sitting at home in few clothes, trying not to expend too much energy while chasing around a toddler. I'm talking 37 degree heat.

Anyhoo, being a proactive the todder and I are having none of it. We're off to soak up someone else's air con while shopping for a bit, then meeting some friends with mathcing toddlers for a play date in a ncie air conn'd play centre. And tomorrow my little Boo is off for her pre-first-swmming-lesson-pool-familiarsation play!

Why this always hits right when the Australian Open tennis is on I have no clue. Or perhaps the question should be, why on earth did the powers that be choose late January, a time when temps always hit near 40 in Melbourne, to schedule the tournament. Genius!

Or maybe I'm being hard on them when the heat means I get to see Marat Safin sans top every other day on the telly...

Labels: ,