Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Sunday 5 July 2009

dear reader...

As a special treat on it's big release day I'm giving you my Dear Reader letter for DATING THE REBEL TYCOON:

Dear Reader,

Did you know that this year is Harlequin’s 60 birthday? Well it is!


Thinking about it takes me back to the much-loved, dog-eared favourites my grandmother kept in boxes galore under her spare bed. I can still smell the old paper, see the creased, faded covers of books read and re-read by a true fan, and remember opening book after book to check if I had read the story before. And then came a new opening line, a new first time a heroine saw her hero, and an old familiar rush of anticipation, delight and warmth.

To tell you the truth not much has changed! Okay so maybe a little. The Harlequin books I read now I have picked up in bookstores not from under my grandmother’s bed. Many of them are now written by wonderful, wise, warm women I consider friends. And I am absolutely honoured to be a writer of Harlequin romance novels myself. But in the reading, that old familiar feeling that sneaks up when I sink into a story has never gone away.

The very idea that out there in the world, a reader might pick up one of my books, read the first line, and settle in knowing that she will be in for a fun, flirtatious, moving, sigh-filled ride amazes me everyday.

So thanks Harlequin for letting me be a part of your world, then and now. Happy birthday and many happy returns!

Love
Ally xxx

DATING THE REBEL TYCOON received 4 1/2 stars from Romantic Times magazine
and is out now in North America and the UK!!!

Labels: ,