Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Sunday 28 February 2010

hero song...and the winner is...

The moment you've all been waiting for! Okay, so it's the moment I've been waiting for, and I'm just trying to rope y'all into my excitement ;).

Last night I wrote the scene I’ve been itching to write for weeks - the scene in which my hero serenades my heroine, karaoke style. Yep, the scene YOU helped me write!

Those who so kindly jumped on the bandwagon and emailed me and Facebook’d me and Twittered at me, with your BRILLIANT suggestions about what Bradley ought to sing you’re absolute champs!!! You gave me so many ideas, inspiration,

I truly had no idea which he was going to sing til he got up there (which is one of the coolest things about this job!!!) And since it won’t be giving anything away to let you guys know before the fact the winning song is:

Hunters and Collectors' Throw Your Arms Around Me as sung by Neil Finn of Crowded House. I know, it's convoluted, but aren't love affairs as well? It goes a little something like this:

I will come for you at nighttime
I will raise you from your sleep
I will kiss you in four places
As I go running along your street

I will squeeze the life out of you
You will make me laugh and make me cry
And we will never forget it
You will make me call your name
And I'll shout it to the blue summer sky


And we may never meet again
So shed your skin and let's get started
And you will throw your arms around me
Yeah, you will throw your arms around me

I dreamed of you at nighttime
And I watched you in your sleep
I met you in high places
I touched your head and touched your feet

So if you disappear out of view
You know I will never say goodbye
And though I try to forget it
You will make me call your name
And I'll shout it to the blue summer sky...

And we may never meet again...
So shed your skin and let's get started
And you will throw your arms around me
Yeah, you will throw your arms around me

Oh...yeah...
Ohhh yeah...
You will throw your arms around me...
Yeah, you will throw your arms around me....

Here it is on YouTube. If I'm getting goosebumps and tears hearing the first few notes. How can Hannah resist!?!?!?




The winner of the signed backlist book is Terese for her plethora of suggestions which I can so see Bradley humming later in the book. Email me Terese to organise a book!

I’m soooo coming to all of you for advice again. This has been brilliant fun!

Labels: , , , ,