Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Wednesday 8 December 2010

holding out for a heroine

Had two new ideas for new books the other day. Ones I love. Ones I can't wait to write! It's truly the worst kind of temptation when neck deep in trying to finish a book under deadline.

But wanting to lock down the ideas while they're fresh, I'm on the lookout for a heroine for one. A Harlequin Presents/RIVA.

She's tough, feisty, unforgiving, smart-mouthed and owns a rowdy bar in the middle of nowhere. Why she's in the middle of nowhere is a slight mystery to me, but I get the feeling she's run away from something bad. These are the girls I have in mind. Any of which I can see doing a great line in backchat, drying a beer schooner while wearing jeans and t-shirts with the kinds of slogans to make lesser men than our hero shrink.


They are Anne Hathaway, Elizabeth Banks, Jessica Biel and Drew Barrymore.

Any grab your fancy? Or can you suggest someone else great?

If you want to see the charmingly gorgeous hero they line up against, then you'll have to check back later in the week for some 'inspiration'!

Labels: