Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Friday 15 April 2011

I'm reading.. "Tomorrow, When the War Began"

Knowing how much I adored post-apocalyptic young adult novels as a kid (like The Chrysalids, or anything written by John Christopher), my mum bought me the Tomorrow, When the War began series by John Marsden years ago. They've remained on the bookshelf in my old bedroom at Mum's for years, left there with plans to read the books when I came to town to visit and stayed over.

Finally, l after having moved back to my home town after ten eyars away, I picked up the first book a few weeks back. And promptly adored it.

Written from the point of view of a teenaged girl who's outback Australian farming town home has come under attack by an unknown foreign army it looks back at what she and her gang went through in order to not get caught. I'm 3/4 of the way through book one, and am completely hooked. The story is really natural, the heroics of the kids believable yet admirable. This is the kind of story young boys could really get into which makes it even more magical to me.

Last year it was made into a film. not sure I want to see it. The world of Tomorrow's too clear in my head. CAn't wait to see how he draws the story out voer several books!

(the Book Depository has free delivery worldwide!)

Labels: ,