Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Saturday 21 May 2011

i'm reading... battle hymn of the tiger mother

I've just finished BATTLE HYMN OF THE TIGER MOTHER by Amy Chua.

I honestly can't remember where I heard about it! But the idea of a first generation American woman of Chinese descent who raised her children in the "Chinese way" only to have it come unstuck by way of her uber headstrong second daughter Lulu just sounded too good to pass up! Especially one born in the year of the Tiger as I was.

My oldest is the bright 'pleaser' first child just as Amy's is. And my second daughter is...well, she's got a personality as big as the sky! I'm stubborn, and willful and hate to lose. My second daughter beats me hands down on all fronts. So I couldn't wait to dive right in.

It's a great read. She doesn't hold back on her beliefs in what she does, or in where she might have made mistakes. And as a mum it's just fascinating seeing how other people do it any which way! I found her ideas regarding children's self-esteem especially interesting.


Amy's website
Buy the book

FREE DELIVERY WORLDWIDE WITH THE BOOK DEPOSITORY

Labels: