Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Monday 31 October 2011

national novel writing month

Or NaNoWriMo as it will forever more be known starts tomorrow!

Always had an urge to write a book but just never found the time, incentive, kick up the pants you needed?  This may be your chance!

Every November is National Novel Writing Month when hundreds of thousands around the world promise to write 50,000 words come hail rain or shine.  Harlequin romances are ~ 50k, as was The Notebook, Bridges of Madison County, The Great Gatsby, The Catcher in The Rye.  Awesome company huh?

So if you need cheerleaders, or a whip, to get you to make that scary first step of putting pen to paper, this may be your big chance!

I've tried it before and never made it.  Yes me, a gal who's written more than twenty 50,000 word books!  But that's only because I'm contrary and if someone pressures me to write, I'm like, "Na-ah, I'm gonna eat cake instead, so there."

But for you, who knows???   

Sign up here.