Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Tuesday 8 November 2011

ah spring!


One of the more lovely things about moving home to sunny Brisbane is the weather.  Don't get me wrong, I adore Melbourne truly seasonal weather, even if you can, and do, famously experience "four seasons in one day" at times.
 
But here the winters are mild and sunny, the summers hot and bright, and the springs, well they are just glorious.   Our garden has exploded practically overnight, with a gorgeous array of the most vivid flowers as far as the eye can see.  And the scents...oh my!  Open our back door and we are flooded with the most delicious floral aromas.  They're practically edible.

And we are not gardeny people.  All of this comes down to the cleverness of those who came before us, and nature.  Hence the fact that I have no idea what flowers they are!  I *think* the top left ones are Jasmine.  As for the others?  Not a clue!

So if any of you recognise the flowers hereupon let me know!  I'd appreciate it to bits.