Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Wednesday 6 June 2012

thanks for the thanks, and you're welcome!


One of the super nice things about getting reprints of early stories - apart from the oftentimes super hot covers! - is finding new readers.  New readers who take the time to write a lovely note about how much they enjoyed one's book.  It even gets me all teary at times.  Honestly!

Here's a couple about GETTING DOWN TO BUSINESS which was out in the UK, Australia & New Zealand recently in the BOARDROOM HOTSHOTS collection.

Here's a couple of gorgeous snippets:

"I came across one of your short novels neatly nestled between the covers of a three in one book Boardroom Hot-Shots, Getting Down to Business.  The story captured me and for a minute there I actually thought it was me in the story! Abbey's character reminded me so much of myself and in that story you taught me something about myself too.  It takes skill to write, but it takes true talent and soul to put one's dreams and imagination on paper and share it with the world like you do.  Thank you for being such an inspiration."

And...

"The story line was totally believable, the characters great and the humour of your writing really completed a great finished product. I love reading great romance.  I co-own three companies and have four children.  Reading books like yours is the relaxing escape the doctor ordered."

Thanks Jessica and Kari, you made my day!

Labels: , ,