Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Fiona Harper's first...crush!


Wonderful writer, Fiona Harper is next up, here to tell us all about her first crush.  Everybody say awwww...  Or should that be phwoooar... :)

I’m going to admit to my first celebrity crush! It was the lovely Pierce Brosnan, but I’m showing my age if I tell you it was way before he was asked to play Bond, when he’d become a bit more rough and rugged-looking. No, I fell for Pierce as mysterious detective Remington Steele. This was a great TV series from the early 80s.

The basic premise was that Laura Holt, ace detective, was having trouble attracting clients for her newly-formed business because she was a woman, so she invented a fictional boss – and one day a handsome stranger with a shady past steps into the role. In the vein of shows like Moonlighting and Castle, it paired a straight-laced detective heroine with a loose-cannon male sidekick and I loved it. There’s something about a charmer that I just can’t resist. (I also have a crush on Nathan Fillion as Castle, but that one developed much later in life!)  (AB:  Yes, yes, and yes!)

Pierce was great in it: witty, infuriating, a little bit dangerous… The only downside was the hair. Which, let’s face it was a bit on the bouffant side. We’ll forgive him, though. It was the 80s, after all!

 
Fiona
Website  |  Facebook 


A copy of Fiona's delightful Christmas story MAKE MY WISH COME TRUE  is up for grabs over at my Facebook page!  Just let us know your first celeb crush o be in the draw.


Labels: , ,