Ally Blake Romance Author - Blog

Latest news from Australian romance author Ally Blake, writer of fun, fresh flirty romance novels.

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Louisa George's first...foray into romance novels!

Welcome the delightful Louisa George with her first!  The first romance she remembers reading.  Watershed moment much?

Unlike a lot of lucky people I came to the romance genre later in life. If asked what kind of books I liked I always said stories with heart, something uplifting, centred around characters and not plot, and with a happy ending. Duh! No-one ever suggested romance novels fit that bill! It was only after a writing mentor invited me to accompany her to a romance writing conference that the genre even came into focus for me.

I can remember the first romance I ever read; ‘Earthquake Baby’ by Amy Andrews (our very own KISS/Modern Tempted author) and I was totally blown away! Obviously Amy is a fabulous author and the story of a secret baby, post traumatic stress, a gorgeous hero and a damaged heroine enchanted me, it was a wonderful introduction to romance books, and I immediately fell in love with the whole genre (medical romance) and soon devoured loads more…. A few years later I was lucky enough to be writing for the very same line!
 
Louisa

Website


What's your number one favourite keeper romance?  Let us know on my Facebook page!

Labels: , ,